08 February 2008

In the interest of honesty

Since I posted a few days ago about my (sometime) desire for honesty, I thought I should go ahead and reveal our new development.

Bryan has accepted a job in Alaska and we will be moving in 6 weeks.

Yes, I know it's a little shocking, but we really feel like it would be a fun place to live. If you've known me for any time at all, you know I L-O-V-E cold weather! The girls are hoping there's a Great Wolf there so we can play in the water while it is 20 below outside. And, Bryan, with his circulation issues, is already preparing to loose a hand or a foot : )

Did you really believe we'd be moving again?! I bet I got some of y'all. At least for a second!

Actually, (off topic, but that is Libby's favorite word...she uses it correctly all the time!) I thought I'd tell y'all the first names we've chosen for Baby P. We decided just a few nights ago.

(In case you don't already know, we choose names that are towns in Texas. Addison and Reagan are both Texas towns.)

If Baby P is a boy, his first name will be Levi.

If Baby P is a girl, her first name will be Campbell.

We have yet to decide on a middle name for either gender. And, we aren't shortening either name. I know, I know, it's so unlike us. Who knows what little nicknames will just evolve once the baby's here, but we aren't planning any "shortenings" with this baby.

I hope this helps with some of the suspense. I know there have been rumors floating around that we really do know the gender and we know what name we will use, but are choosing not to tell y'all. Honestly, we do not know if this baby is a boy or a girl. We have guesses, just like you do. My OB doesn't even know. The sonogram technician did see in my last ultrasound, but she doesn't write it anywhere according to my doctor's orders. She made us look away anytime she was near "sensitive" areas. And, we didn't peek : )

We've just had a hard time getting on the ball with this baby. But, we did have the baby's room recarpeted yesterday and put the bed together last night. I'm washing all our gender neutral clothes and blankets today and I plan on packing my hospital bag by the end of the weekend. We're just trying to make things exciting for everyone : )

Oh, and if you love the names that's great, but if you don't like the names that's your opinion and you are welcome to never name your own child either of those names. In other words, keep it to yourself...we aren't asking for opinions! Now that's some honesty : )