06 February 2008

honestly

Sometimes I find myself wishing everyone was just more honest with one another. You know, that adults would say, "No, that looks awful on you." Or, "I really don't feel like doing that right now."

Then, I am reminded of the honesty of children and I rethink my wish.

This morning when Libby and I dropped Addi off at preschool, a little girl looked at me and said, "Why is your belly so big?"

"Well, because I'm going to have a baby."

Pointing at Libby, "Another one? You have one right there!"

Don't you know her mother would of died if she'd been standing there?!

When I was pregnant with Libby and working at Addi's preschool something similar happened. Only a couple little girls were sitting in the room with me at the time. One of them asked me if I was going to have a baby. After I told her I was, another girl said, "I noticed you getting fat, but I didn't want to say anything because my mom told me it might hurt someone's feelings if you told them they were fat!"

Her mother happened to also work at the preschool so we got a good chuckle out of it :)