26 February 2008

A bit of a change

I went to the doctor this morning for my You're-Past-Your-Due-Date appointment. I have become all too familiar with these appointments since this is my third in as many pregnancies.

So, the baby is as happy as a clam, according to my doctor!

I had an ultrasound and everthing looks good. My amniotic fluid is perfect and the baby's heart rate (and peaks and valleys from the non-stress test) was text-book, also according to my doctor. The ultrasound estimated (how accurate is this?) the baby's weight to be 7 pounds, 7 ounces, which is bigger than either of the girls at birth. The change is that I have dilated some more. All good news, in my mind.

My doctor is comfortable letting me go until next Tuesday. So, her nurse will schedule an induction for March 4, if I don't go into labor on my own before then. I see it as having a 50/50 chance of making it to the induction. Addi was born the day before her scheduled induction and Libby was induced. I don't want to be induced. It was a great (if you can say an induction is ever really great) experience last time, but I would like to avoid it, especially since I would like to manage my pain naturally again this time. However, I know I can do an induction without an epidural.

Whatever happens, this time next week, I'll be holding a new little one in my arms. That is certainly good news!