25 February 2008

Have you been waiting for this?

No, it's not that!

Just another update to tell you there is nothing new. Today's my "due date", but my babies never mind with those silly dates anyway! I had a pretty crampy, uncomfortable night last night, but have felt remarkably well today. I want to go run a few miles, but I know (from past experiences) the effort would be in vain. It will happen when it is supposed to happen.

I was reading this earlier today and read, "According to Your Word, Lord, there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, 4)."

How many times have I read over that scripture and, today, a time to be born, registered?! (sometimes I could knock myself in the head when a simple concept takes me so long to get) This baby won't be born when the baby feels ready or when I walk/run enough or whatever, the baby will be born when God wants this baby to be born. Period.

And even if it is the middle of the night, in the car, in a snowstorm, when I happen to be all by myself, it will be His perfect timing. His hand has been on this pregnancy from day one. He knew of this little life long ago. He's been waiting to share this gift with me for much longer than 9 months. How could I now let a little impatience interfere with the pure joy and anticipation that comes from the birth of a precious life?

So, while I am excited to meet Baby P, I'm confident it will happen exactly when God has planned for it to happen.

Praise the Lord that the pressure of "making" it happen is not on me at all. And, praise the Lord that there is a time for everything.