21 September 2007

homemade applesauce

I got this recipe from Hollie's blog, Crown Laid Down. It was simple and, I was told, it was delicious. (I, myself, don't care for applesauce)







I, inadvertantly, cut the recipe in half. (After not writing down a list, I bought half as many apples as I needed. I blamed it on pregnancy-brain!) But, this is what we did:


  1. Peeled and cored 3 Gala apples and 3 Granny Smith apples.

  2. Cut each apple into about 8 slices...and since you only need 5 apples for half the recipe, I gave the girls each a few slices of apple to enjoy.

  3. Throw apple slices, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon into a crockpot.

  4. Turn crockpot on high for 2 hours and then low for another hour or so. Or, you could turn it on low and let the aroma fill your house for the day.

Thanks, Hollie, for posting the recipe on your blog. My girls really enjoyed the applesauce!