03 May 2007

Now before you go scheming to meet a man like that, remember, he's taken

I heard the familiar chime signaling there was a new message in my email inbox. With one child already down for a nap and one still eating lunch, I had a minute to run over to the laptop and see who the email was from. I didn't expect what I got.

a link and then these words:

Kinda neat that someone tried to quantify all you do. What they can't quantify is the long term value our kids get from having you at home. Thanks for all you do.

I love you!

Bryan

The subject of that email was Wow and that is exactly how I felt after I read it.

Thanks, Babe. It's nice to hear I'm appreciated from you.

Honestly, I don't always think (or, maybe even, say) kind words about my husband. We're married and we have two kids and we're human (no excuses, just facts)...but I know that our two daughters are seeing an example of a husband and father that they will one day use to compare against all those boys who come calling.

Future-Boys, that is some stiff competition! I'm sure Addi and Libby's husbands will hear, more than once, My dad says..., or My dad does it like this...

I'm guilty of those exact words. I know that I've been blessed with my husband and I know that I was blessed before that with my dad and the example he displayed for me.

So, thanks, Dad for helping me to choose the man I married.

While I'm thanking people, I should also thank Bryan's dad for showing him an example of a man who treats his wife and children with love and respect.

And, Moms, isn't it wonderful that while there are days when you would earn every penny of that $138,000 (or $85,000 for you working mothers - I don't know how you do it all. Really, I don't.), most days you wouldn't rather be doing anything else in the world than spending time with your kids.

The girls with their SuperDad