11 August 2011

San Francisco on my mind...

We've been home from CA less than 2 weeks and I'm ready to move there :)  The weather was amazing!  I was wearing a jacket 90% of the time.  And, sometimes I was still shivering!


I think Texans like to pretend the heat really isn't all that oppressive.  At least, we pretend for non-Texans who always find out you're from Texas and automatically talk about the uglinessflatness, the lack of trees and/or the heat.  But, really, it's bad.  This summer has certainly been the worst since we've been back, if not the worst in my memory.  We're 40+ for how many days in a row we've hit triple digits.  Plus, we haven't had a drop in rain in probably longer than that.  Our flower beds have never looked worse :)  


Anyway, the clouds rolled in this afternoon.  I hear thunder, but no rain, yet.  I've got the girls doing their rain dances :)  Not really, but we've certainly prayed for just a little relief.


We were out this morning and you could feel the extra humidity hanging in the air.  The temperature was getting up there, but hadn't reached 100*.   I'm not sure if we made it there yet today because now it's in the 80s.  I was so excited when I saw that!  Until, I saw the predicted temp change between 3 and 4 o'clock today.  Oh, well, I guess I shouldn't complain about the little relief we're getting now.  In fact, I should be outside enjoying it!


Thu
Aug 11
2 pm
82° F
Precip:
50%

3 pm
84° F
Precip:
65%

4 pm
102° F
Precip:
20%

5 pm
101° F
Precip:
10%

6 pm
101° F
Precip:
10%

7 pm
100° F
Precip:
10%

8 pm
98° F
Precip:
10%

9 pm
95° F
Precip:
10%




Photobucket