13 July 2011

Is there a difference?

When I am out with my 3, I cannot tell you how often I'm asked if I have already noticed a difference in boys and girls.  Aside from the obvious gender differences noticeable from birth, we didn't notice any thing for a while.  I mean, a baby's a baby.  Especially, newborn babies.  Within the first half-year of Levi's life and the onset of his personality, we noticed behaviors not exhibited by our girls.  As he grew older, his boy-ish-ness increased.  And then, today...today, well,  he urinated on his sister.

He wasn't trying to be gross.  He thought he was being funny.  In fact, he told on himself.  Apparently, he and Libby were running around playing some game doubtlessly imagined and thoroughly explained by Libs.  She may have even said something to the effect of, "If you don't _______, I won't be your friend!" (She's such a girl!)  And, Levi, being the boy he is, decided to take it up a notch by claiming he was gonna pee all over her.  If that wasn't enough, he decided he'd really up the ante by actually doing it!  He pee'd all over Libby's clothes, his swimsuit, the carpet, and, (the whole reason he told on himself-what bothered him about the whole thing) his own leg.  Disgusting.

So, yes, there is a difference.  And, yes, we've already noticed the difference between our son and our daughters.

Photobucket