18 January 2008

Words like these make it all worth it

Libby is a grumpy sick person.

I said yesterday that Addi was grumpy, but she is a sweet-smelling rose compared to her sister.

Libs woke up a little while ago with a stinky diaper and she was very worked up about it. I began to change her diaper and try to comfort her because, after all, she is sick so a little more patience is required.

She looked at me and said, "Where's Addi? Addi make me feel better!"

I thought that was sweet, so I pressed my luck and said something to the effect of, "Addi makes you feel better like Mommy does?!"

Her response: "No! Addi make me feel better. Mommy not make me feel better. Daddy make me feel better. Addi make me feel better. Mommy not make me feel better!"

Okay, kid, I'll remember that at 2 o'clock in the morning when you're crying out my name.