05 July 2007

What a treat!

Wow, I am just so honored that someone besides my momma thinks my blog is neat. Michelle at Military Mommy gave me the Rockin' Girl Blogger award. Thanks so much, Michelle.

Military Mommy's blog is thoughtful, informative, and fun. Michelle posts some yummy recipes and her kids say and do things that will make you laugh out loud! Plus, even though Michelle and I have never met, I know she is one tough lady...my type of friend. Her husband is in the military and she is one of those ladies who make deployments look easy.This is my first blog award, but I think I'm now supposed to pass it on to some other great bloggers.

  1. Besides being my SIL, Lisa at Starr Family Band also shares her 2 cute kids on her blog. We feel like we know our nephew and niece so much better because of her blog. She runs a little contest of sorts every Wednesday (or is it Thursday now, Lisa?) and while I'm horrible at it, it may be just up your alley. Oh, and if you're a Wii-er, she has a Wii friend code (personally, I have no idea what that is...maybe you do). I do, however, know what the Mr. Arcade links to on her sidebar and if you are or ever were a fan of Ms. Pacman, Tetris, or Donkey Kong (to name a few), this is for you.
  2. More cute kids can be found at The Prugh Crew. Shana and I got to know each other while we were at Ft. Sill. Shana is another tough lady - going through a pregnancy and birth while her husband was deployed. She shares it all, from baseball games to book lists to funny commercials, and I know I can count on her to come up with something new and interesting with a little unexpected humor on her blog.
  3. Cara at Little House in Grand Prairie is a fun mom who puts me to shame! She's super organized, loving and thoughtful. Plus she's about to have her 3rd child with her oldest being 3! With all that going on it's no wonder I haven't seen much on her blog lately, but I check it faithfully because I know it's worth reading. Oh, and she has really cute kids too :)
  4. Holly at Crown Laid Down is a fairly new blogger to me. I don't know how I found her, but feel blessed I did. Her words speak to my heart. I can only imagine what a example of a Godly woman she is in her everyday life.
  5. Carrie at Three-Girl Circus is another new read for me. She has 3 daughters which is right up my alley. I'm sure her life is crazy, but those little faces must melt her heart every day. I know I smile every time I see them on her blog's header.

So, thank you, ladies for making my days a little brighter and more thought-provoking. If you feel like it, pass the award on to some of your favorite blogs. I'd love to check 'em out.