15 June 2007

The Best Do-er

The girls and I were in the car on our way home the other day and Addi proclaimed, "Mommy! You are the best driver!" I laughed and told her she should tell her daddy because Bryan is in a constant state of irritation when he rides shotgun with me.

That night, Bryan told me that Addi had asked him a funny question. She said, "Daddy, can you guess what Mommy is the best do-er at?" At that point in the story, Bryan confessed to me, he had no idea what she was talking about. He feebly guessed, "Rainbows?"

[insert exasperated look here] "Uhmm, no. I'll do the guessing." She said.

[insert excited waving of hands] "Mommy! is! the! best! driver!"

So, there you have it. I'm not totally sure what qualifies me as the best driver or what other drivers I was in competition with, but I know that my oldest daughter would argue anyone into the ground if they even thought of disagreeing. Some may think that's loyalty, we know it's stubborness...that I'm positive she gets from her father :)