13 April 2007

Sugar and Spice...

They say that's what little girls are made of. Being a mom of two little girls, I would have to agree. Although, I'd say one of mine has a little extra sugar and the other has a little extra spice.

Addi is such a little sweetheart. She's always been a sweetheart. When she hit the 2-year mark and started all that Terrible Two stuff, it really wasn't that terrible. Don't get me wrong, I have some stories of absurd tantrums she threw and emotions run awry...she's a child and she's a girl. Those are both par for the course. Mostly though, Addi is just sweet. She loves to snuggle and give hugs and kisses.

Libby is sweet, in her own way. She has "moments of sweetness". She hasn't yet turned 2, but throws fits to rival any Addi has ever thrown. Recently Libby has begun wrapping her arms around my neck to give me an unsolicited hug and kiss. She will occasionally do the same to Bryan or Addi, but I am most likely the recipient of her affections. Spicy would certainly be a more accurate term for her personality. She is passionate and demanding. Addi likes to say Libby is "happy to tears", meaning she goes from happy to sad (or laughs to tears) in a flash. And, she's does. But, she also adds so much excitement to our lives.

How blessed am I to have such complimentary daughters?! In many ways they are so similar... one just has a little extra spice and one has a little extra sugar :)

This first picture shows Addi and Libby playing together ever so sweetly. The next one I took just after Little Miss Spice kicked over Miss Sugar's tower.