08 December 2009

photo 53

A few days ago I was fiddlin' with my camera trying to position it to take a self-timer picture of all 5 of us. Levi saw me and naturally thought I wanted him to sit and say, "Cheese!" When I reviewed the pictures I almost deleted it and then I noticed he looked so old. He'll be two in 3 months. My Little Man is certainly not a baby anymore. At 21 months, he wears 18-24 month sized clothes and weighs about 27 pounds. He says Momma, DaDa, Addi, Bibby, ZoZo, Nooo-ah (no), 'mumm (yes mam), YEE Haw (everytime he sees a horse/donkey/mule), outside, moow (more), milll (milk), eat, amen, nigh-nigh (night-night), and bike. That's all I can think of right now, but there's more. He loves to sing, "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Loves Me", and "If You're Happy and You Know It". Levi no longer likes being buckled into his carseat. I have to bribe him with getting to see ZoZo as soon as we get home. If we are leaving the house, I just have to force him in. It's not pretty, some days. :) Zoe is his best friend. I don't know that he's necessarily her best friend, but he talks more about ZoZo than anyone else in his life. He's an active, outdoors-y kind of boy loving the trampoline, sandbox, playground, riding in his bike seat, dancing, throwing anything, and running. I have to steal kisses now because begging no longer works. Cars and balls are his favorite toys with small animals (especially "scary" ones...ones he thinks and, therefore, makes growl) coming in after them. As of Saturday, Levi no longer takes a morning nap. He still wants to and he's usually down for his afternoon nap by noon, but he was taking a long morning nap and then refusing to take an afternoon nap and then he'd progress to full meltdown mode by 4 pm. We're still working out the kinks in his new schedule. He likes to eat oatmeal, Cheerios, peanut butter sandwiches, mac and cheese, any fruit, especially berries and "appies", grilled cheese sandwiches, most casseroles, a lot of soups, yogurt, string cheese, Kashi cereal bars, beans, "pop pops" (lollipops), and really anything sweet. Meat is still his least favorite food. I'm hoping it's because he doesn't have the teeth to chew it. Those should be here soon since it looks like he has small grapes hidden beneath his gums. Of course, we've learned soon when it comes to Levi's teething is a relative term. The poor kid might turn 2 and still only have 4 teeth on top and 4 teeth on bottom. Surely not! Right?! My life was forever changed by this precious boy and I thank God for the honor of being his mother each day.




Photobucket