03 June 2009

Home again, home again

We used our Sea World passes for the first time this season. It was a great trip with very little crowds and not too hot weather. We can't wait to go back!
Addi fed the dolphins and Libby watched. We would've let Libby, but she wanted to watch and had a great time. The dolphins swam really close. I even got to touch one. They also liked showing off, so they really kept Libby and Levi's attention.

Me and my (oldest) girl.

Levi loved trying to escape to the steps at each show. Or crawl in that space between our floor and the bench seat on the row below us.


Before the ski show began. See that water bottle she's holding? That's the reason she and I had to run to the nearest restroom about 15 minutes after this picture was taken.


At the end of the ski show, Bryan asked Addi if she wanted to go down and get a picture with the cast. She said she didn't, but when I asked her if she would if she weren't shy, she said yes. Down we went, and while she didn't high-five any of them, she saw that nothing bad happened to her by taking stepping out of her comfort zone. Plus, now she has this great picture of her and the still-playing-the-part guy in the yellow. :)


When we first entered, the birds went crazy. Between calming Libby and keeping Levi's hands out of the camera view (and having a bird on my head, myself), I had a hard time capturing the bird on Bryan's head. You get the idea.


Addi was so brave and let the birds crawl all over her. Libby was stuck like glue to me and Bryan. Levi didn't seem to mind one way or the other.


Levi was not a fan. :)
I didn't get any pictures of the water park. The kids all had fun there this year. Last year was a different story for Levi. And, Libby was so brave. It made things so much more fun. We also saw Shamu again (but it was different - better - this time) and the sea lion show (which was the same except for a persnickety sea lion). Last year we wanted to see the Viva show, but some of the whales had just given birth. I saw it this year with the girls while Bryan took Levi to the hotel for a nap. It, in my opinion, is the best show they have. Plus, there was a calf swimming right below its mother the entire show. That made me tear up a little. :)
.