04 May 2008

My Sweet 2-Month Old

Dear Levi David,

You are precious to me, a surprise blessing I didn't even know I wanted. My life was so full and so happy. I had a husband who made me smile and two sweet daughters who melted my heart. My family was complete. I didn't want or need anything else.

Then I found out I was going to have another baby. Nine months later (give or take a couple weeks), I found out that baby was you, a beautiful baby boy. A baby boy?! That was your second surprise for me. It was more like a shock. I really never thought I would have a son. I never longed for a little boy. I didn't know there was already a spot carved out for you in my heart.

I've had other babies. I've been through all this before. Yet, I find myself staring at you in amazement. I have trouble putting you down after I feed you. I start to miss you if you take a long nap. I'm so excited to watch you grow into a little boy and later into a young man.

God has a plan for your life and I have no doubt it will be full of surprises.

I love you, Little Man.

Momma