14 February 2008

Addison's Valentine's Day Quiz

Addi came home from preschool with this paper in her bag.

It says:

Why do you love your mommy? Because I love her back [I'm thinking she meant because my mommy loves me or she thought the question was why does your mommy love you.]

What is your mommy's favorite thing to do? I don't know yet [Oh, how humiliating this answer could have been!]

What is your mommy's favorite thing to eat? Broccoli [?? Has she been watching what I've been eating for the past 9 months? If so, she surely would have said chocolate or ice cream.]

How old is your mommy? I don't know, I think 30

What is your mommy's favorite color? Purple

What is your mommy's name? Jenny [They had a sub today, however, she knows how to spell my name, so I'm surprised she didn't correct this spelling : )]

Why does your daddy love your mommy? Because she loves him back

Why does your mommy love you? Because I love her back

Her answers about love remind me of 1 John 4 (particulary verse 19).

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:7-9, 11, 19