02 August 2007

bitter-sweet

I've been trying to come up with a way to announce this for at least a week.

I guess, I'll just come right out and tell y'all.

We're moving. To Texas. Fairly soon.

Bryan interviewed for the job in early June and accepted it a couple weeks ago.

This week I've been busy procrastinating. Well, I've been busy with other, not as pleasant things also, but that is for another post. We have realtors coming next week and the house is almost as far from being ready for that as possible. I did throw away a huge yard bag full of stuff today. And, I almost hyperventilate each time I think of trying to keep this house neat and tidy with my kids. This really isn't the bitter part though. People with kids deal with their houses being on the market all the time, right?

The bitter part is something I've done a fairly good job of ignoring. Maybe that's why I've had trouble writing this post. You see, we are leaving a place we all truly love. Raleigh is a family-friendly city that is so close to so many neat places. We love our neighborhood. We love our church. We love the girls' preschool. Mostly, we love the friends we've made here. We will miss them terribly and hope we can remain close through the miles. That's pretty much all I'm going to be able to write about that. I'm doing a good job of stuffing emotions and don't really want to open a floodgate tonight :)

But, we are going to be living in the same state as my parents and brother, Bryan's parents and sister and her family, my mom's parents, my dad's mom, Bryan's dad's parents, Bryan's mom's mom, and countless other aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. In fact, we will be within a hour of the majority of those people. It will be completely foreign to my girls. Heck, it will be completely foreign to me. I haven't lived in Texas since college. But, it's good. It's the sweet part. Actually it's the blessed part.

Stay tuned for updates...