18 April 2007

More proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Well, I love a rainy night
I love a rainy night
I love to hear the thunder
Watch the lightning
When it lights up the sky
You know it makes me feel good
I wish I was really techie and knew how to have that song playing right now. I'm not, so you'll have to sing those lyrics over and over, unless, of course, you know the rest of the song.
I was driving all alone this evening, which is exciting in and of itself for me, when what came on the radio but Eddie Rabbitt's little tune. I was taken back to a dance recital where I performed to this song.
We wore baby blue leotards and held baby blue unbrellas. I thought I was H-O-T Stuff. The best part for me was the worst part for my dad. I can still remember him complaining about the rump-shaking move his young daughter would perform on stage. We began the dance with our backs facing the audience and as the music began we twirled our umbrellas and shook our booties.
What I would give for a picture of me in that costume! Or, better than that, the video of that recital...talk about entertainment!
I know a little girl who would love that video. She would love the costume. She would love the umbrella. She would love the moves. Addi would think I was the coolest mom ever if she could see my 8-year old self dancing away while holding an umbrella.
Undoubtedly, Addi will have a few memories like this one in 25 years. I'll have to hang on to those videos :)