03 April 2007

Easter Egg Mania

We went to an Easter party this morning. Of course, all the kids loved hunting the eggs and eating the bunny cake. Now, we have more Easter candy at our house. The girls had already had two Easter parties a piece which included egg hunts. Don't get me wrong...I am all for a little fun and sweets around different holidays, but I really would like my children to be focused on more than candy and bunnies for this holiday.

As a Christian, this is it. I mean, there is Christmas in which we celebrate Christ's birth, but Christ's death, burial and resurrection is what being a Christian is all about. We should "...fix our eyes upon Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:12) He is life and he gives life to those who accept.

So, lest you think me an Easter scrooge, I'll gladly take my girls to have their picture made with a real, live bunny tomorrow and we will participate in at least two more egg hunts and I'll allow the Easter bunny to shower my children with gifts, but I will be making sure they hear more about the real reason for the Easter celebration from me. After all, that is my job.

I know y'all only care about the pictures, so here are a few from the party. I also took a few of some eggs one the girls brought home from one of the parties. Now, keep in mind, I sent my daughters to preschool with their designated six eggs each filled with...what else, jelly beans...about 4 in each egg. Not over the top, but not stingy...I thought.


Oh, and please don't get me wrong. I am so thankful for our dear friends and the wonderful preschool my girls attend. Without them, we certainly would have less candy around here, but we also would missing out on such meaningful relationships.




























------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









What a cute egg stuffer!












Wow, ambitious...candy and stickers!













A little lazy, but I'm not above buying these...





Are you kidding me?! I know they're just kids, but leftover candy corn and the mint you still had in your pocket from the last time you ate at Johnny Carinos? Oh, and yes, also the mints left from the last afternoon wedding you attended. I would say that is lazy!