14 January 2007

Momma's Daughter

Addison is her Momma's Daughter and it was confirmed today after she and Bryan returned home from an NC State Womans' basketball game. They walked in the door and I asked her if she had fun. She said she did and that "the cheerleaders did this (shook her bottom) and this (raised her arms above her head)". Bryan said Addi stood up and shook her rear every time the cheerleaders danced. I asked her if she thought she would like to play basketball one day. She said, "No because I might fall down and hurt my knee like the girl did." Trying to still steer her more toward basketball than cheerleading, I asked her if the basketball players were tall. She said "Yes and the one girl had her hair like this, right Daddy?!" And she proceeded to show me how one of the basketball players had their hair styled. Bryan's hopes and dreams of having a child as competetive as him is falling to the younger of our girls :) Addi seems to be following in my footsteps. Not that I'm not somewhat competitive...I did run cross country and track in high school and even played some basketball in 7th and 8th grades...but my family still laughs at the 4 year-old me who would rather pick flowers than play at my soccer games and dreamed of one day becoming a Dallas Cowboys' "Cheeleader". I've never fulfilled that dream. Maybe Addi and I could be the first Mother-Daughter combo on the squad :)