03 September 2006

Franklin, NC






This past week Addi, Libby and I met my family at a mountain house near Franklin, NC. We had a wonderful time and got to see a very beautiful area. The girls did okay on the drive (it took quite a bit longer than Mapquest predicted!). We got to walk under waterfalls, go rafting, do arts and crafts, play games, shop, and spend lots of time together. Because of Ernesto, we ended up coming home a couple days early. It was my objective to miss the bad weather, but I think I ended up driving through the worst of it :) We are getting back into our routines and catching up on sleep - Addi and Libby are still sleeping late! Preschool starts this week, so I guess that was our farewell to summer! It was a perfect end and I feel blessed to have been able to spend that week with my daughters and family.