02 August 2006

Another Day at the Beach

Bryan is in Indianapolis this week, so I have been keeping the girls busy in hopes of avoiding crying-for-Daddy-fits by my 3 year old :) Monday we met friends at their neighborhood pool, Tuesday Addison went to her friend's house while Libby and I ran errands, and today we went to the beach with Addi's friend Ally, Ally's brother Carter and their mom Suzanne. It was a great time, even though it was possibly the hottest day I have ever experienced while in NC....104 (actual temp. when we were leaving the beach). I don't have pictures. I just couldn't carry the camera with everything else all by myself. Suzanne took pictures so I will be able to share those soon. I was so impressed with my girls. They are both fearless. Addi loved it when a wave would knock her over! And Libby loved crawling around the sand and then sputtering when a wave would wash over her face! Addi was so patient and understanding about me having to hang out with Libby a lot. She really is great about entertaining herself. They made the day enjoyable for me. Those of you with children know the exact opposite could have been true. I feel blessed to have them as my daughters. We will all be ecstatic when Bryan comes home on Friday. Until then we will keep making memories together (at least, my memories as they are too young to remember this week for long).